Hormone Replacement Therapy For Women
Why Hormone Replacement Therapy For Women
As women age, hormone imbalance can wreak havoc on both physical and emotional well-being. For women, pre-menopause may start as early as in the 30s. In fact, often hormone imbalance kicks in long before hot flashes do-by 10-15 years!
The laundry list of symptoms due to non-optimal hormones is long. And, unfortunately most practitioners will tell you that your hormone levels are just fine. That's because the range for women's hormones is calculated at "just good enough" and not optimal. When your hormones are not optimized, this can lead to the VERY common and unexplainable symptoms many women describe.
Estrogen, testosterone, and progesterone imbalance may lead to:
- Fatigue, lethargy, and lack of motivation.
- Inability to focus and remember things.
- Mood swings, anxiety, and depression.
- Insomnia and night sweats.
- Stubborn weight gain, belly fat, and food cravings.
- Frequent illnesses.
- Muscle loss and weakness.
- Hair loss.
- Saggy, dry, aging skin.
- Aches, joint pain, and longer recovery time from injuries.
- Loss of libido, difficulty achieving arousal and orgasm.
- Painful intercourse,
- Frequent urinary tract infections (UTIs).
- Hot flashes, vaginal dryness, and night sweats.
- Infrequent menstrual cycles - or lack of menstrual cycle - prior to menopause.
Types of Hormone Replacement Therapy For Women
Hormone Replacement Therapy Pellets
HRT Pellets are a hormone pellet formulated to your body. It's about the size of a grain of rice and inserted into the fatty tissue in the hip area through a tiny incision. It's a quick, minimally invasive procedure performed in our office with no need for stitches. once inserted, the pellet releases hormones based on your cardiac output, meaning you get the exact amount of hormone your body needs, when it needs it.
Hormone Replacement Therapy Injections
HRT injections are administered in our office on a weekly basis. After you receive your hormone injection, the hormone metabolizes throughout the week needed to be refreshed on a weekly basis to keep your hormone levels at an optimal rate.
Hormone Replacement Therapy Sublingual
A sublingual troche, is a small pellet that is dissolved under the tongue. It is formulated with YOUR specific hormone dosage and is taken daily to maintain optimal hormone levels.